Saturday, May 28, 2011

Poems and Drawings by Shel Silverstein

1.  Where the Sidewalk Ends     Genre - Poetry
2.  Falling Up
3.  A Light in the Attic     Written by Shel Silverstein


     Shel Silverstein's books are filled with poems that rhyme, poems that do not rhyme, limerick styles of poems, and poems with make believe words.  His books are filled with verses about common events that all ages can relate when reading.  His art is simple and gives comic visuals to his hilarious writings of life. 
     Where the Sidewalk Ends, was the first book in my poetry collection.  I read it to the two little girls I use to babysit as a bedtime story.  When I had my son, their mother gave me the book as a baby gift.  The card she gave me on Spencer's birth is taped inside the book as part of my remembrance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment